Monday, November 21, 2011

#8 The Plan of Salvation

Originally written 11/21/11

Today I am so grateful for the plan of our Heavenly Father that allows us to have a knowledge of our life before and after this life. With the loss of my Dad and the losses that have followed, I have gained a greater understanding and testimony of this great principle. How grateful that i am to know that I will be able to be with my Dad again and live with him through eternity. What a great blessing.

Some of the losses that I've learned from recently:

Losing my Dad: This was the one that has changed my life the most. I love my Dad so much and will miss having him close by. He's no longer a phone call away, but I know that I can find peace and feel his presence when I go to the temple and I can feel the peace of the Holy Ghost when I'm really struggling and missing Dad.


Losing Robert: My sweet Aunt Nanette (I think she's technically a second cousin) lost her husband Robert from the same thing that took my Dad. Hardening of the arteries. And neither of them even knew there was a problem. This makes me realize how we should never take our health for granted. We never even supposed that we would have another death in the family so shortly after my Dad. My thoughts and prayers continue to go with my family and Robert's as well.


A Co-worker's brother: This was a very sad one. He committed suicide. This reminds me how important the people around us are and how sometimes we have to look for people that are hurting. It's not always obvious when there are challenges. We have to be aware of those around us and be looking for signs that they might need something we can give them. Never take anyone in your life for granted. They might not always be there.


Brother Kent Thatcher: He was in the bishopric of my singles ward through about six years. What a happy, kind and loving man. He fought the battle with pancreatic cancer for 8 months before he passed. The funeral was beautiful and all of his children spoke about the plan of salvation. So grateful that we have that knowledge that families can be sealed forever.


Little Andre: Sweet little Andre was only here for four days and touched many lives in so many different ways. This loss helps to remind us how brief life really can be. It also reminds us that we are not in charge and that doctors can't solve everything. God is in charge and whatever He decides it what goes.


So many losses in such a short period of time. So much grief and sorrow. So many tears of sadness have been shed and even continue to be shed. There will be many happy reunions in the next life and we just have to figure out how to keep pressing forward in this one. I will miss my Dad until the day that I see him again, but I make it through knowing that I WILL see him again. He is not gone forever. He's just a little farther than he was before.

No comments: